Steel Edge Women Spotlights
The proud women of OPCMIA have a steel edge, and they are among the best, toughest, most skilled craftspeople anywhere in the world.
Tell Us Your Story
Note: Links to external websites are provided for reference only. External websites are maintained by other organizations, agencies, and companies, who are solely responsible for their content.
- Chicago Women in Trades – https://cwit.org
2444 W. 16th St., #3E, Chicago, IL 60608, W: 312-942-1444 | W-fax: 312-942-1599
- empowHER – Building Trades Women’s Group whose goals would be to reach out to gain members, answer questions about how to achieve leadership and upward mobility in the industry, be visible within the community to make people know we are here and show that they can follow this path as well. Find us on Facebook right now as we aren’t on a website quite yet. Regular meetings third Wednesday of each month at 5:30 pm at Milwaukee Building and Construction Trades Council, 5941 W Bluemound Rd, Milwaukee, WI 53213
- HHW Ohio (formerly Hard Hatted Women) – https://www.hhwohio.org
41957 North Ridge, Unit 2, Elyria, Ohio 44035, W: 216-861-6500
- Local 528 Steel Edge Women – https://www.opcmia528.org/528women
- Missouri Women in the Trades – http://www.missouriwomenintrades.org
8300 Manchester Road, Brentwood, MO 63144, W: 314-963-3200 | W-fax: 314-963-3286
- National Alliance for Partnerships in Equity (NAPE) – http://www.napequity.org
PO Box 369, Cochranville, PA 19330, W: 610-593-8038 | W-fax: 610-593-7283
- National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC) – http://www.nawic.org
327 Adams St., Fort Worth, TX 76104, W: 817-877-5551 | W-fax: 817-877-0324
- Nontraditional Employment for Women (NEW) – http://www.new-nyc.org
243 W. 20th St., New York, NY 10011, W: 212-627-6252 | W-fax: 626-486-2293
- Oregon Tradeswomen, Inc. – http://www.tradeswomen.net
3934 NE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., #101, Portland, OR 97212, W: 503-335-8200 | W-fax: 503-249-0445
- Pennsylvania Women Work – http://pawomenwork.org
411 Seventh Ave., #925, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, W: 412-281-9270 | W-fax: 412-281-9279
- State Building and Construction Trades Council of California, Women in Construction – http://www.sbctc.org/doc.asp?id=310
- Tradeswomen, Inc. – http://www.tradeswomen.org
1433 Webster Street, Oakland, CA 94612, W: 510-891-8773 | W-fax: 510-891-8775
- Vermont Works for Women – http://www.vtworksforwomen.org
32A Malletts Bay Ave., Winooski, VT 05404, W: 802-655-8900 | W-fax: 802-655-8922
- Women in Non Traditional Employment Roles (WINTER) – http://www.winterwomen.org
3655 S. Grand Ave., #210, Los Angeles, CA 90007, W: 213-749-3970 | W-fax: 213-749-3918
From Roses to Rivets Documentary Film Project
Celebrates women’s contributions to the work force past and present – http://www.fromrosestorivets.com
PBS Documentary features women in Iron Workers #377 in SF.
Women Can Do Conference
This is a great short piece and very real! She is doing post tensioning work.
Nontraditional Employment for Women (NEW)
Oregon Tradeswomen, Inc.
From Fences and Locks to Jobs and Paychecks