OPCMIA General President Daniel E. Stepano urged congressional leaders to protect the health and financial security of all members in economic stimulus and other legislation to address the Coronavirus pandemic.
- A workplace contagious disease standard.
- Proper personal protective equipment.
- Fourteen days of paid sick leave for all workers.
- Unemployment insurance that meets the needs and replaces the lost pay of laid-off construction workers.
- Measures to protect health care coverage for laid off members.
- Steps to protect members’ pension benefits.
- Massive infrastructure investments.
Please read the letter. And please call your members of Congress at (202) 224-3121 to urge them to pass these vitally-needed initiatives.