The current COVID-19 Pandemic presents a serious health hazard to our members and their families, the OPCMIA is committed to doing everything we can to be a source of support during this challenging time. Please see the links below for important information.
From the President's Office
From the International Training Fund
Brothers and Sisters.
As you are aware, the United States is facing a serious health threat from the Covid-19 – Coronavirus. This situation has led our International Union to suspended travel for some staff members and to cancel attendance at many meetings, tradeshows and conferences (this policy is being reviewed on an on-going basis).
Out of an abundance of caution, I am postponing or cancelling the following ITF Scheduled Trainings:
- OSHA 502 – April 7-9, 2020 – Columbia, MD – POSTPONED until further notice.
- OSHA 500 – April 20-24, 2020 – Columbia, MD – POSTPONED until further notice.
- ASCC / Concrete Polishing TTT – May 12-14, 2020 – Bellwood, IL – POSTPONED until further notice.
- INSTRUCTOR TRAINING PROGRAM – June 20-24, 2020 – Ann Arbor, MI – CANCELLED. PLEASE NOTE: We will resume our ITP next summer, July 12-16, 2021. Please mark your calendars.
As this national crisis is an evolving situation, I will review ITF training commitments on an ongoing basis and will have my staff coordinate with Locals and JATC’s to reschedule ITF trainings when the situation improves to a safe level.
I regret any issues that may arise from this situation.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at 301-623-1000.
International Representative – Executive Director of OPCMIA-ITF and Assistant to the General President
Coronavirus Pandemic Resources:
- Interim Guidance for Business and Employers
- National Institute for Occupational Safety & Health (NIOSH)
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) COVID-19 overview
- Prevent Worker Exposure to Coronavirus
- OSHA Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19